Here’s your opportunity to discover a lot of Cape Town’s world-famous attractions, history sites as well as architectural wonders having a relaxing stroll throughout the vibrant city center.
The walking tour will bring you towards the historic Grand Parade lined through the Castle of Good Hope and luxurious City Hall and also expose you to beautiful, classic edifices, domineering statuettes as well as a well-known green oasis in the center of town. Along the way, you’ll pass the once ominous Church Square, the first Slave Lodge and also the prestigious parliamentary buildings. After that, stay on course towards the storied Bo-Kaap, the first Muslim settlement of Cape Town as well as an area famous today because of its charming, colorful houses.
And these are only a couple of the fascinating stops in the itinerary.
Thus, are you eager to come to grips with the ocean metropolis’s remarkable history while experiencing the beautiful highlights of the historical Old City? Come enjoy the real Cape Town, by your won eyes!
LIGHTHOUSES AND SHIPWRECKS OF THE CAPE OF STORMS
The tour could include:
- A very close view in a shipwreck or two.
- The tale of the Flying Dutchman and his awesome phantom ship, that had numerous viewings off Cape Point.
- An excursion along with a lighthouse keeper.
- For that extreme lighthouse enthusiast, a visit to Cape Agulhas, Africa’s southernmost point, provides more lighthouses on the way.
CAPE DUTCH EXPERIENCE
The tour would like to bring you on a trip to such gracious homes:
- Groot Constantia, an original home of this type, constructed by Simon van der Stel on 1685. Right now a museum with Manor house, wine basement, outbuildings and wonderful walks having wonderful landscapes.
- Vergelegen in Somerset West, a wonderfully renewed home of Cape Dutch style with beautiful woods and remarkable gardens. An outside museum, that exhibits the introduction of the Cape Dutch and vernacular design.
NELSON MANDELA’S LONG WALK TO FREEDOM
The tour will develop a route, that brings the story of the political transformation alive. Certain areas you will visit:
- Robben Island: in which Mandela spent seventeen years being a political prisoner. Right now a World Heritage site as well as the museum.
- The Houses of Parliament in which Apartheid laws were being approved and Nelson Mandela’s banning was declared on 1963. In 2nd February 1990, President F.W. De Klerk’s historical speech proclaimed the plotted discharge of Nelson Mandela as well as the unsuspending of the ANC.
- Newlands Rugby Stadium, the spot of the semi-final of the 1995 World Cup, as featured in the movie Invictus.
Pollsmoor Prison in which Mandela spent eight years right after Robben Island.
- Groot Drakenstein Prison on the Winelands. Mandela’s last 2 prison years were in the house at the prison. On 11 February 1990, Nelson Mandela became a free man right after 27 years and concluded his Long Walk to Freedom at this point.
- Cape Town City Hall balcony ,in which Nelson Mandela handed his very first speech as being a free man on 11 February 1990 and preached peace and reconciliation to other South Africans as well as the entire world.
- Nobel Square- V and A Waterfront. Right here stand four statues of the Nobel Peace Prize Winners: Mandela, De Klerk, Tutu and Luthuli
ROOIBOS AND ROCK ART:
The tour provides a blend any of these:
- Rooibos tea farm trip along with tea tasting.
- The Cederberg is essentially an outside gallery of numerous rock art spots of the San folks (bushmen). The local guide will reveal a few of these well-hidden treasures.
- Well-worth a trip is Khwa Ttu, a San Culture and Education Centre, created to pay tribute to the traditional beliefs and practices of the San.